The Joint Donor Team is providing administrative support for selection of the following consultancy. Please see the attachment for full details:
Advisor – Capacity Building Trust Fund
- Advisor CBTF – Deadline of 23 May 2013 – Please download this file and read the ‘Application Instructions’ section!
- Clarifications 1 - 15 May 2013
Summary of Consultancy:
Advisor, Capacity Building Trust Fund (CBTF)
Juba, South Sudan
A. BASIC DATA
Description: Advisor, CBTF
Duty station: Juba, South Sudan
Job type: Short-term consultancy contract
Position involving confidentiality: No
Duration in months: 9 months
B.1 RESULT AREAS AND INTERVENTION STRATEGIES/ACTIVITIES
The Capacity Building Trust Fund (CBTF) supports the Government of the Republic of South Sudan (RSS) through projects to establish public financial management systems, to train civil servants, and to strengthen accountability institutions. The goal of the CBTF is to enhance government capacity to serve citizens effectively.
The CBTF is governed by a Steering Committee providing overall guidance. A Technical Secretariat supports the CBTF Steering Committee and provides day-to-day oversight of a Financial Management Agent and of project implementation.
The Advisor, CBTF (“the Advisor”) will support the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands under a short-term consultancy contract to head the CBTF Technical Secretariat. The Advisor will report to the Netherlands Embassy. The Advisor will have three main responsibilities:
- Supporting a steering committee and lead donor;
- Overseeing project implementation; and
- Reporting on CBTF activities.
B.2 DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERTISE AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience working in a fragile and/or post conflict state environment is required. Experience working in East Africa is an advantage.
- Eight years’ experience of project management of international development projects, including design, contractual elements, and monitoring.
- Experience in the field of public administration and/or public financial management is highly desirable.
- Experience communicating effectively, respecting and promoting diversity and addressing gender and poverty issues is an advantage.
- Experience as a field representative for a donor government, as a team leader for a large project is an advantage.
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Fluency in spoken and written English Language is required.
- Ability to provide sound advice, to manage projects and people, and to report accurately and concisely on activities.
- The Advisor must be able to operate effectively in a challenging environment, which requires the ability to handle her/his own stress.
- Aptitude for strong relationship management, sensitivity to political issues, the willingness and ability to support all donor partner interests and excellent team working skills.
- Knowledge of aid effectiveness and different aid modalities is an advantage.
- Ability to coordinate
- Ability to think analytically
- Coaching and leadership skills
- Ability to network
- Cultural sensitivity
B.3 LEVEL OF EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
A professional background in development cooperation including qualifications at first degree and a Master’s degree or its equivalent in a relevant field, or a combination of education and relevant professional experience is required for this position.
Application Deadline: 23 May 2013 17:00 East Africa Time (EAT). For a full description of this consultancy and details on the application process, please see the attached description.